Windows Vista – What happened to HyperTerminal?
HyperTerminal is no longer part of Windows Vista. However you can copy the relevant hyper terminal files from Windows XP to your Windows Vista.
- Windows XP system
- USB flash drive
Here’s the trick. (Or you can download from here)
- Go to C:\Program Files\Windows NT\
- Copy hypertrm.exe and htrn_jis.dll to your USB flash drive
- Go to C:\Windows\System32\
- Copy hticons.dll and hypertrm.dll to your USB flash drive
- Copy the above files to a folder in your vista machine and double click on hypertrm.exe to launch the Hyper Terminal program.
What each file does.
- hypertrm.exe – Application
- hypertrm.dll – Is a required dll file for hypertrm to run
- hticons.dll – Is the icons
- htrn_jis.dll – I can’t figure out what is this use for. Anyone can help me with this?